The fund was established to honor the memory of Alfred Aseel’s parents Alfred Abraham and Fadwa Khechen Aseel to support continuing education for non-traditional students from Tupper Lake area.
- The fund is available to non-traditional students attending an accredited college, university, trade school or certification program in the US.
- The scholarship will support one student from Tupper Lake or its immediate surrounding area (e.g. Piercefield, Conifer) wishing to pursue an educational experience that allows them to “re-invent” themselves and their future.
- Applicant must demonstrated integrity and good character will be guidelines for selection. In addition, personal commitment and potential will be considered as key characteristics allowing the students to succeed.
- The applicant must have a 2.5 GPA or higher to be eligible.
- The annual award is renewable for a total of four years if the recipient maintains the eligibility criteria stated above. Renewal applicants will be required to complete agreement forms, submit a letter of reflection on the past school year, and must submit documentation certifying their GPA and enrollment status each year.
- Grant maximum of $5,000 annually not to exceed a total of $20,000.
- Deadline to apply is June 14, 2024.
For students from Tupper Lake or the immediate surrounding area (e.g. Piercefield, Conifer).
1. Read the above to determine your eligibility.
2. If you have never used our Online Grants Manager, start by creating an account. If you already have an account, log in and follow the prompts.
For more information, visit our Online Grants Manager page.
3. Complete and submit your application.
4. Wait to hear if you’ve received funding.
5. Share progress updates.
The donors of the various scholarship funds at Adirondack Foundation like to hear how the scholarship has enabled students to accomplish their educational goals. We strongly encourage recipients of scholarship grants to send a personal written note of thanks to the donors of the fund in care of Adirondack Foundation.
We are happy to forward these notes to scholarship fundholders accordingly. Our mailing address is PO Box 288, Lake Placid, NY 12946. You can also feel free to let us know how things are going for you while in school or after you graduate by sharing brief updates and photos.