Decker scholarship applications are available via email.
Annually in May.
Selection of grantees will be made weighing these basic criteria:
- Need, to a degree, suggesting that the intended education, project, or internship cannot be undertaken without financial assistance
- A tangible demonstration of dedication to journalism; such as special journalism courses, articles, internships or special assignment opportunities for working journalists
- A history of school grades and other previous accomplishments, which demonstrate the candidate’s ability to handle college or graduate work or to carry out the project outlined
- Applicant has submitted all proper documents on time, to the satisfaction of the committee
Tupper Lake, Saranac Lake, and Lake Placid, NY
1. Read the above to determine your eligibility.
2. Email us for a copy of the application.
3. Complete and return your application to Adirondack Foundation.
4. Wait to hear if you’ve received funding.
5. Share progress updates.
If you have been a recipient of the Charles B. Decker Memorial Scholarship and are finished with school or your special project, please send us an update. We are happy to forward your update accordingly. Our mailing address is PO Box 288, Lake Placid, NY. You can also feel free to let us know how things are going for you by sharing brief updates, photos, etc. – it’s great to hear what our recipients are up to, even after graduation.