Adirondack Gives – www.adirondackgives.org – is an online giving site provided by Adirondack Foundation to connect Adirondack region fundraising campaigns with people who want to help. Adirondack Gives lets nonprofits create an online campaign to raise money for a project or cause, and lets donors “shop” for giving opportunities.
Adirondack Gives is a secure site. All campaign owners must create a login username and password. It is recommended that donors create an account to make future giving easier, but it is not required. Registering is quick and easy.
Fast Facts: Campaigns
- Adirondack Foundation offers Adirondack Gives as a service. There is no fee to use the site. If a campaign raises $500, the campaign’s creator will receive $500.
- A federal tax ID is required to create a campaign on Adirondack Gives. Teachers and students can create a campaign but must obtain a fiscal sponsor first, through a school or a friends group.
- Unlike other crowdfunding sites, campaigns do not need to reach their stated goal to receive funding. However, campaigns must raise a minimum of $250 to receive funding.
- Adirondack Foundation staff publicizes campaigns through its social media channels. Campaign creators are strongly encouraged to do the same. Building awareness about a campaign increases its chances of success.
- Campaign creators can continually update campaigns, adding photos, videos and more.
- Campaign creators may set their goal at any amount up to $5,000. Campaigns of more than $5,000 will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Campaigns can run for a maximum of 60 days. When time expires, Adirondack Foundation will compile the donations and make a grant to the organization or fiscal sponsor responsible for the campaign. Campaigns that don’t reach the $250 minimum will be given the option of reactivating with new goals. Previous donations will be reassigned to the new campaign. If you don’t wish to reactivate a campaign, donors will be asked to assign their donations to another active campaign.
Fast Facts: Donors
- Unlike some other crowdfunding sites, Adirondack Gives processes your contribution immediately. If a campaign doesn’t surpass the $250 minimum, Adirondack Foundation staff will contact the donor to ask if they would like to reassign their gift to another active campaign. Or, if the donor prefers, staff can select a campaign to assign the gift to.
- Each user begins by registering so Adirondack Gives can recognize you when you return. This is a quick and easy step.
- All donations on Adirondack Gives are tax-deductible. After making a gift to a campaign, the donor receives a gift receipt that should be retained for tax purposes.
- Adirondack Gives is a secure and protected website. To process credit card information, we use Authorize.net, which maintains the highest industry security standards.
- Adirondack Gives makes philanthropy exciting. After you make your gift, you can instantly see your impact on the campaign. Check on the campaign to track its progress whenever you like.
- Donors have the option of making their donation public, adding their name to a list of backers, or remaining anonymous.
For more information about Adirondack Gives, please call (518) 523-9904 or email email@example.com.