Online Grants Manager
Our Online Grants Manager makes it faster and easier to apply for grant funding anytime, anywhere by allowing for instant collaboration between the applicant and Adirondack Foundation staff. If you have already created an account, please click here to go directly to the Grants Manager. If this is your first time using the Online Grants Manager, please read all instructions and reference materials very carefully before starting an online application.
The following grant programs use the Online Grants Manager. If you aren't familiar with the criteria and eligibility requirements of the grant program you are interested in, please click on the fund name below for more information, but then come back to this page to log on.
NOTE: Keep in mind that each of the following funds have different grant cycles. If you do not see a link to the Grants Manager for the fund you want that means the fund is not currently accepting grant applications.
- Alfred M. Aseel Legacy Scholarship
- Dr. U.R. Plante Medical Scholarship
- Christopher Emmet Hallowell Fund
- Special and Urgent Needs Fund
- Essex Community Fund
- Community Fund for the Gore Mountain Region
- Uihlein-Ironman Sports Fund for Individuals
- Uihlein-Ironman Sports Fund for Organizations
- Adirondack Foreign Language Enhancement Fund
- Generous Acts Fund
If you've reviewed information about the grant program and are ready to apply, please read the Getting Started section below, and then click on the Grants Manager Login link here or at the bottom of the page to begin.
Register your account. It only takes about five minutes to register with our system if you are an approved 501(c)(3) organization. Be sure to have your EIN and executive officer's contact information on hand. Please be sure to follow the proper formatting as stated in the instructions.
- If you are an individual applying for a scholarship, put your last name in the Organization Name field and mark NA in the location for the EIN number.
- If you are an independent daycare provider, put your last name in the Organization field followed by your daycare's name, and mark NA in the location for the EIN number. (Ex. Smith-Tiny Tots Daycare Center)
- If you are a teacher, put your school's name in the Organization Name field and use your district's EIN number. If you know that your school has received funding previously, but you have personally never applied, do NOT create a new account. Contact Andrea Grout at email@example.com to discuss options.
- If you are uncertain whether your organization has previously applied through the Online Grants Manager and may already have an account, contact Andrea Grout at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out. Please do not create another Organization account if one was previously created.
Once your account is set up, your account dashboard is displayed on screen every time you log in. From the dashboard, you can do the following:
- Edit your contact information.
- Begin the application process
- Access application drafts and submitted applications
- View details and complete the follow-up report process for grant awards
Once you've reviewed your dashboard, you're ready to apply. It's easy to submit your funding proposal using the Online Grants Manager application system.
Watch a video about the online system or read the tutorial.
The "Save as a Draft" feature allows you to save your responses at any time throughout the process and come back later when you are ready to continue. It also automatically saves your application at periodic intervals so you never have to worry about losing your work. Be sure to bookmark the page before you exit so you can resume applying when it's convenient for you.
The option to print or download the list of application questions gives you the freedom to gather the information you need away from your computer. It also allows you to assign individual questions to staff members at your organization. Once you have all the necessary information, you can then submit it online. In fact, it is a good idea to create a Word version of your application so that you can track the length of your responses as there are character limits.
If you don’t have a scanner, don’t worry. The "Fax to File" feature allows you to convert paper documents to an electronic PDF without ever needing a scanner. Using "Fax to File" also helps shrink your documents to a smaller file size. This is especially helpful when you are uploading the required documents with your grant application. Also, after uploading documents, be sure to hit the "SAVE" button, as the auto save feature does not save uploaded documents.
Access your application history. Our system stores your grant application history all in one place. You can even find and use relevant information from past applications to help you complete the application you're currently working on.
How do I submit my grant report? If your application was submitted through the Online Grants Manager, your report will be submitted through the same system. You must log in with the same account that was used to submit the application, then look for the "Follow Up" form below your application and the "Edit" link to the far right of the entry.
Managing Your Online Account for Organizations
The first person to register enters the organization’s information, which creates the organization profile. It’s important to enter this information accurately at registration because after this point the organization profile can only be edited by Adirondack Foundation staff. For an organization to easily view its full history of grants and requests, we recommend consolidating all applications into one user account. If it is necessary to have more than one user linked to an organization's profile, please contact us to discuss your options.
Helpful tips when applying:
When you are logged into the Grants Manager site, you can easily get back to the Adirondack Foundation's page by clicking the name Adirondack Foundation at the top of the page and you will be directed to www.adirondackfoundation.org.
For the best user experience when accessing our Online Grants Manager, we suggest using one of the following browsers: Google Chrome 14 or higher, Firefox 9 or higher, or Safari 4 or higher. It is ok to use Internet Explorer, but you may encounter some technical issues.
Please be mindful of character limits in application fields. If you exceed the limit you will not be able to save or view all your data. If you change your email address throughout the course of a grant cycle, you must let Adirondack Foundation know of the change. We are not responsible for messages not received due to changed contact information if we have not been informed.
We encourage you to read our Frequently Asked Questions page before beginning the application process.
If you have any questions or suggestions about the application process, please contact Andrea Grout, Program Officer or by calling 518-523-9904.