Small Grants for Small Children
A funding program for childcare providers in Clinton, Essex and Franklin Counties
The Adirondack Birth to Three Alliance, a partnership of many local foundations and funding partners, envisions high quality early care for all Adirondack children ages 0 to 3 years that provides a better chance at success in life, from the very beginning.
To that end, BT3 will offer grants ranging from $100 to $500 for certified childcare centers or childcare providers to enhance and support their work with our youngest residents. A total of approximately $10,000 is available annually. You may apply only if you serve children ages birth to 3. It's OK if you also serve older children.
Grants will be made to support:
- Professional training for providers. Preference will be given to caregivers participating in QUALITYstarsNY.
- Travel expenses for training
- Equipment such as toys, fences, education resources, etc.
- Tools for enrichment and engagement
- Other early care provider needs
Grants will not support:
- Containment equipment (car seats, high chairs, bouncy seats, play pens, porta cribs, strollers, swings etc.)
- Scholarships for families
Applications may be made online and will require this information:
- Describe your funding need in detail
- Who it will benefit
- Why is it important? Or: What will be different because of this grant?
- How much will it cost
- Photo release
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and a committee will review and work with Adirondack Community Action Program and the Childcare Coordinating Council of the North Country to distribute the grants.
Successful applicants should kindly allow up to 60 days to receive funding.
If you are an independent childcare provider put N/A in the Tax ID field when you create an account in the Grant Manager, and please put your last name in the Organization field, followed by the name of your daycare. For example: Smith-Tiny Tots Childcare Center