Small Grants for Small Children
A funding program for childcare providers in Clinton, Essex and Franklin Counties including the St. Regis Mohawk Reservation.
The Adirondack Birth to Three Alliance (BT3), a program of Adirondack Foundation, is a coalition of organizations, agencies, and private funders working together to ensure all of our young children are healthy, learning, and thriving in families that are supported by a full complement of services and resources essential for success in school and life.
Small Grants for Small Children is supporting BT3’s work by making grants available to licensed child care centers and family care providers to support the highest standards of care for our children. Grants are available for training, supplies, and equipment. You may apply only if you serve children ages birth to three. It is OK if you also serve older children.
It is the policy of the Adirondack Foundation that in order to receive grants from the Small Grants for Small Children Fund, recipients must be found in statutory and regulatory compliance at all inspections by the New York State Office of Children and Family Services.
Grants will be made to support:
- Professional training for providers. Preference will be given to caregivers participating in QUALITYstarsNY.
- Travel expenses for training
- Equipment such as toys, fences, education resources, etc.
- Tools for enrichment and engagement
- Other early care provider needs
Grants will not support:
- Containment equipment (car seats, high chairs, bouncy seats, play pens, porta cribs, strollers, swings etc.)
- Scholarships for families
Applications may be made online and will require this information:
- Describe your funding need in detail
- Who it will benefit
- Why is it important? Or: What will be different because of this grant?
- How much will it cost
- Photo release
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and a committee will review and work with Adirondack Community Action Program and the Childcare Coordinating Council of the North Country to distribute the grants.
Successful applicants should kindly allow up to 60 days to receive funding.
If you are an independent childcare provider put N/A in the Tax ID field when you create an account in the Grant Manager, and please put your last name in the Organization field, followed by the name of your daycare. For example: Smith-Tiny Tots Childcare Center