Saranac Lake Public School Education Fund
Above: Students from Saranac Lake High School at a Young Poets Workshop at Paul Smith's College, funded by a grant from the Saranac Lake Public Education Fund.
The Saranac Lake Public School Education Fund supports individuals and programs that will nurture open minds, acceptance of differences, and exploration of controversy in a spirit of serious respectful inquiry, to include, but not limited to, symposia, professional development, the arts, debates, speakers, materials, research and more. This fund is created to enhance the education of students attending Saranac Lake public schools to recognize the role public education plays in preserving our open society and our freedoms.
There is no deadline to apply to the Saranac Lake Public School Education Fund. Applications are accepted anytime. Follow the link to:
Some examples of programs that have been funded are:
- The Young Poets Workshop for Saranac Lake High School students at Paul Smith's College
- Historic Saranac Lake's 2010 Summer Science teacher workshop
- SLCS Model United Nations Program
- Saranac Lake Middle School Yoga Retreats
- Saranac Lake Multicultural Program